the year of re-reading. How do I explain this?
Okay. Last summer I read 'Howards End is on the Landing' by Susan Hill. Hill is a writer and a longtime reader who one afternoon went in search of a book. Unforetunately, she couldn't find it, but instead found dozens or books that she forgot she owned, that she wanted to reread, that she'd always wanted to read. So she decided to stop buying and borrowing books for one year, a year to read from home.
Okay, so I read that book over a year ago. And it's stayed with me since. Now, I read a lot of books. On average about hundred plus about ten rereads. But I have noticed that almost all the books are purchased in order to read, or borrowed from the library. And I just keep on buying. I brought home forty books from the last booksale and the same amount from the one before.
So. recap? Lots of books, only so much time. So I'm gonna do a Susan Hill. For 2015, my books will be limited to the ones I already own with a few exceptions.
1) If my local bookstore calls about a book I've requested previously, I can go ahead and buy it.
2) If I've purchased the book before December 31st and it comes in through the mail on 2015 that's fine.
3) I should spend my credits at above mentioned local bookstore. I have about twenty dollars worth of credit. And really, why let it go to waste? that'd just be silly.
So, now you know my plans. And we'll see how we go. I'll try to post after every book, but I have a horrible track record. So if I end up posting next Christmas about how badly this failed, you'll of course understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment